Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Magic



Alan Moore is becoming a household name with the release of his movie, Watchmen, based on his novel. I find him quite fascinating but a man filled with anger at the cruelty and stupid acts of hurtfulness practiced by human beings. Alan Moore shows that all forms of art are literally magic. An excellent clip from 'The Mindscape of Alan Moore'. Copyright, Shadowsnake Films.Another excellent clip is this one where he discusses the Watchmen story and a clip that shows the darkness that he feels powers this universe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPnvAxBHRUY




Magic was introduced to everyone with  the Harry Potter novels and films. On deeper study of the metaphors and symbolism within the story one can find evidence that the series of novels are in reality "The Philospher's Stone" the search for one's own self.

I discovered the Shamen within by reading about "The Room of Love" in the Harry Potter novels.

The Department of Mysteries lies deep in the lowest level of the Ministry of Magic, on the ninth level. It is accessible via the lifts from the Ministry Atrium. From the lift, a plain corridor leads to a black door, behind which is the Entrance Chamber, which is designed to disorient any unauthorized personnel who enter it. It is a circular room with a highly polished floor that looks almost like standing water and twelve handleless doors. Whenever a door closes, the walls rotate, making it impossible to determine which door is which. This chamber will respond to a verbal request for an exit by the opening of the correct door

    "There is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than the forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many subjects for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room that you possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all."
    —Albus Dumbledore to Harry Potter


The Love chamber is a room behind a door that remains locked at all times and which cannot be unlocked by either Alohomora or magical unlocking penknives. According to Dumbledore, behind the door is the most mysterious subject of study of the department, and the most powerful force in existence — love. The chamber contains a fountain full of Amortentia that Unspeakables use to study the effects of love. It may also be used in attempts to understand and duplicate the magical protection self-sacrificing love creates, the only magic capable of repelling the Killing Curse.
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Love_Room#The_Love_Chamber_a.k.a._The_Ever-Locked_Room


THE PATH OF THE HEART ALWAYS LEADS TO YOURSELF

The mind is always looking for answers that the soul already knows thus synchronistic events are the vague awareness that our lives are divinely guided from the heart . As such, our common journeys are to eventually find, embrace and fully share a state of love, joy and soul consciousness we all once profoundly experienced as a young child: Allen L Roland, Ph.D

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that my life is divinely guided by my heart and by fully surrendering to love I have entered a Unified Field  of soul consciousness where there are no accidents and I am living in a state of celebration and service. But, as a therapist, I am able to prove this everyday with my clients who within two sessions see their lives as also divinely guided ( Life chart ) and how every love relationship, regardless of the consequences, has led them closer to embracing themselves and eventually to that same state of celebration and service.

By fully surrendering to love many years ago and falling through a rabbit hole to another state of consciousness ~ I found and embraced a child within myself who always wanted to love that deeply and who had an intentioned destiny to fulfill as well as a need to share this truth with the world .

Every love relationship that has ensued since I opened my heart has led me to where I am now and the blissful awareness that I am part of something far greater than myself and, as such, my heart has become a fragment of life's heart.

Thus, by listening and responding to my inner heart call ~ I have not only found direction in my life but have become in sync with my inner destiny.

R. Adam Crane BCIA Senior Fellow, BCIAEEG, NRNP Diplomate writes in Science of The Heart: The Role of the Heart in Human Performance of the same phenomenon;

 "  There is now a scientific basis to explain how and why the heart affects mental clarity, creativity, emotional balance and personal effectiveness. Research indicates that the heart is far more than a simple pump. The heart is, in fact, a highly complex, self-organized information processing center with its own functional that communicates with and influences the cranial brain via the nervous system, hormonal system and other pathways. These influences profoundly affect brain function and most of the body's major organs, and ultimately determine the quality of life. " 

It is now known that the signals the heart sends the brain can influence perception, emotional processing, and higher cognitive functions.

So now let's tie this together with the Hero's Journey ~ which I feel is really the path of the heart because this is the path which demands the greatest courage and confronts us with our deepest fears.

1.Ordinary World - The hero's normal world before the story begins. We are all emissaries of love born on a planet in a state of ego consciousness. Our innate hero's journey is to fully open our hearts, emerge from our cocoon of ego consciousness and eventually play our part in a universal loivng plan. I was definitely in a state of soul consciousness as a young child but the psychic pain of being seemingly separated from love at six years old caused me to close my heart and enter the world of ego consciousness ~ inorder to avoid psychic pain and stay in control. As such, I emotionally stopped growing.

2.Call to Adventure - The hero is presented with a problem, challenge or adventure. My call to adventure was becoming a Navy carrier fighter pilot. This had always been my dream and it confronted me with many physical challenges but eventually I lived that dream and knew I had the courage to live all of my dreams. But that was just a prelude to living my deepest dream ~ which was fully opening my heart and finding that emotionally lost child within myself.

3.Refusal of the Call - The hero refuses the challenge or journey, usually because he's scared. To me this was the fear of completely surrendering to love and, instead, accepting less than love inorder to stay in control and avoid psychic pain. In other words, staying in the grey world of  ego consciousness, possessions and safe love relationships.

4. Meeting with the Mentor - The hero meets a mentor to gain advice or training for the adventure. In my case, it was my Masters degree mentor Stanley Krippner whose advice and suggestions accelerated the journey of the heart. For it was then that I found my voice and began to share my deep calling regardless of the risks or the need to be understood.


 5. Crossing the First Threshold - The hero crosses, leaves the ordinary world and goes into the special world . The first threshold is always falling in love for only then did I become aware of a state of consciousness that lay beneath my state of ego consciousness. In other words, the journey does not start until we fully open our hearts  ~ regardless of the consequences. It was then that I heard an internal voice which said ~ Let go of all of your possessions ~ which I did.

6. Tests, Allies, Enemies - The hero faces tests, meets allies, confronts enemies & learn the rules of the Special World. My work as a therapist brought me face to face with my own issues but the ultimate enemy was my own ego and the need to control versus completely surrender to my deepest feelings and inner guidance.

7. Approach - The hero has hit setbacks during tests & may need to try a new idea . In my case it was twofold ~ the painful realization that my life as a stockbroker was false and that my life was filled with possessions and largely devoid of love. It was also my surrender to the inner journey of the heart versus the outer journey of the ego.

8. Ordeal - The biggest life or death crisis . By finally completely surrendering to love, in relationship, and fully opening my heart ~ I entered the promised land but I had externalized those deep inner feelings. By letting go, not as a victim and accepting and connecting the pain, I found an emotionally lost child within myself who not only always wanted to feel this deeply but had a song to sing and share with the world .

9. Reward - The hero has survived death, overcomes his fear and now earns the reward . The reward for myself was now knowing that my life was being divinely guided and trusting the unknown. I was at Lake Tahoe at this time and wrote Journey to The Mountain ~ which contained the first seeds of my Unified Field . There is no use journeying  to the mountain when the mountain is within you ~ which refers to looking outside for something that can only be experienced within.

It was then that I heard another internal voice which said ~ In the very near future events will happen which will propel you to a position where you will have to take full responsibility for what you know and feel ~ which is precisely what I am doing now in my private practice but also on my website allenroland.com  and daily weblog .

10. The Road Back - The hero must return to the Ordinary World. When I left Lake Tahoe and returned to the Bay Area ~ I was firmly connected to the inner path of the heart and ready to face the unknown.

11. Resurrection Hero - another test where the hero faces death – he has to use everything he's learned. Every love relationship has brought me face to face with my deepest fears but by going through them and eventually letting go of the relationship but not the love ~ not only have I embraced more of myself but more of my part in a loving plan.

It was then that I wrote my PhD dissertation The Unified Field which eventually became a book RADICAL THERAPY / SURRENDER TO LOVE AND HEAL YOURSELF IN SEVEN SESSIONS ( NOT SEVEN YEARS .

The basic underlying and uniting force of the Universe is a psychic energy field of love and soul consciousness ( the Unified Field  ) which exists lies not only beyond time and space but also beneath our deepest fears ~ and whose principle property is the universal urge to unite.

12. Return with Elixir - The hero returns from the journey with the “elixir”, and uses it to help everyone in the Ordinary World . The Elixir, the Holy Grail or the supreme gift is MYSELF and the deep delight of knowing that the full expression of my deepest heartfelt feelings and thoughts, regardless of the risks, is always the greatest gift I can share with the world ~ and the realization that this was once a gift, and state of soul consciousness, I innately experienced as a young child.

As such, The mind is always looking for answers that the soul already knows thus synchronistic events are the vague awareness that our lives are divinely guided from the heart  ~ As such my life has been a quest to eventually find, embrace and fully share a state of love, joy and soul consciousness I once profoundly experienced as a young child.

T.S Eliot said it beautifully,

We shall not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started ~ and know the place for the first time.

ONLY LOVE  UNITES AND HEALS
 Path to the Heart

We humans have been on this quest to find "The Room of Love" for endless time untold, through endless magicians with powerful magic. And it's hidden where no one ever thought to look, right inside of each of us.

For a history of magic visit these wonderful links

Welcome to the on-line gallery dedicated to
images of the magic's "Golden" age, 1890 - 1930: MagicGallery.

See also one-of-a-kind magic posters from America's collection. Sit back and enjoy dozens of unique images.
Simply enter the word "magic" in the search engine.

The Library of Congress poster collection

And for a fascinating collection of links on magic and sorcery please visit
Urso's Esoteric Garden - All Things Magical

No comments: