Monday, March 06, 2006

The Exit Door Leads In


I haven’t written anything on here in quite some time. Life has lots of noise and lots of doorways that lead nowhere. It’s so easy to get lost and lose yourself.

I’ve been searching all over the internet to find the way, the quick fix, the door that will lead me back to that incredible moment of heaven that I experienced. And then I ran across an old article, a biography about one of my favorite authors, Philip K. Dick.

If you are not a sci-fiction fan you may have never heard of him. But if you like movies, you might be amazed at how many of his books have been turned into movies; Bladerunner and Total Recall are just two that I can think of at the moment. Many of his works mirror the world we live in today. I just finished reading “Radio Free Albemuth” this weekend, and it’s all about mind control and nationalistic thinking. I won’t spoil the ending for you, in case you’ve never read it and want to. But it ends on a note of hope.

One of his short stories that has never seen the light of day was written for the very anti-establishment, psychedelic, tripping, early Rolling Stone Magazine. It is simply called “The Exit Door Leads In”.

And nothing could be more important today than for all of us to open and find the secret door that will lead us all back to the Garden of Eden. We hold the key.

No comments: